How to treat bleeding rashes on the buttocks of an infant?

Excellent

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Hello doctor my 3 month old baby son has a rash whoch is peeling skin and bleeding around his bum. I thought it was wet tissue and stopped using but it seems to be spreading more. I use cloth diapers during day and pampers at night. I have attached some photos plz give me some advice on the situation I am very worried.
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like irritant dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have seen the attached picture.
Based on the history and the picture, it looks like severe chemical irritant dermatitis. The main reason could be use of diaper and wipes. Both are harmful at this age especially with this kind of rash.
I would suggest
1. Stop diapers completely even at night.
2. Allow good air circulation by using a table fan directed at the rash if possible.
3. Avoid wipes. Use direct water to wash.
4. I usually prescribe some diaper creams like derma dew at least 5 tomes daily to see if it improves for such kids in my clinic.
If not settling consult your pediatrician.
It may require antiseptic and antifungal ointments if not improving.
Dr Arun