How to treat an itchy scalp after lice treatment?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
So about 2 months ago I kept my two kids home from school for head lice. I treated them and myself. After I treated myself, my scalp got really dry and itchy. I am about to lose it now. I have changed shampoos and laundry detergent. I have taken benadryl and tried tea tree oil and wen shampoo with tea tree in it. The tea tree is the only thing that brings me relief but it is only temporary. I have to keep applying it to my scalp throughout the day. I have welps all over my scalp and neck and it itches like poison ivy. I am miserable and don't know what else to do. Please help.
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be allergic reaction, cortisone lotion and antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and it could be an allergic reaction to something you have used in the past.
I would recommend you to apply cortisone lotion on the affected areas and take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg twice daily for few days.
This should help in relieving your problem.
Dr Asmeet