How to treat an itchy red spot on the nape of the neck?
You seem to have seborrheic dermatitis, it presents as red, itchy, scaly patches on scalp and face. I suggest you to apply a topical steroid e.g. Cortisone cream, twice daily. In addition, I suggest you to use a Ketoconazole based shampoo regularly.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Flaking can be minimal.Flakes becomes more obvious if the surface of patch is scratched. Other features of a seborrheic dermatitis patch are redness and itching.In this image I can also see a raised bump with a pus head. This seems like a bacterial folliculitis.
Dr. Kakkar S.,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Circular itchy red spot on neck
- How to stop red spots after shaving neck
- Itchy red spots on neck and behind ears
- Neck pain redness spot on neck what is this
- Dry itchy red spots on neck
- Itchy red spot on body neck
- Red rash nape of neck
- Red itchy skin at nape of neck
- How to treat red blotches very itchy on neck
- Itchy scaly nape of neck
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body