Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

How to treat a sharp pain in eye when closed due to punch while playing ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
My son, 11, got punched in the eye by his younger brother during rough play this afternoon. At bedtime 5 hours later, he is complaining of sharp pain when he closes his eye...I am concerned.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Radhika 51 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I have gone through your query, and I would suggest you to observe whether your son has any swelling of the eye, blurring of vision, double vision.

You can apply ice pack on the eye for 10 to 15 min and take Tab.Advil(Ibruprofen- available over the counter) 100 mg thrice a day for 3 days for the pain.

But if there is any loss of consciousness, dizziness, bleeding from the eye and injury to other parts of the face you should immediately consult an Ophthalmologist for complete examination and evaluation.

Hope my answer is adequate, I am available for follow up should you have any more concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor