How to treat a painful foot corn?

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Jul 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a bump on the bottom of my foot which started about 4 weeks ago and was not painful I just noticed it was raised. Over time it has become increasingly more noticeable. At first it only hurt when I pushed on it but not when I walked. Now every step I take it is painful not terribly so but about a 5 on a scale of 1-10. I have attached a picture I took a few minutes before writing this and the area is slightly discolored which I had not noticed before. I would like to know if you have an idea of what it could be and possibly a home remedy that would work to get rid of it. Thank you for your time.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems like a corn most probably

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic...

I read history and saw the photo, then I could conclude that most probably you are having a corn. It is a common skin condition occurring on soles and palms. It may be due to constant pressure by long-term standing.

Corn tap is available in the market which may be applied on the lesion for few hours to days. This might remove the corn.

If no improvement, then consult the dermatologist. Electrocautery, surgical excision is the other mode of treatment.

After removal of corn, avoid walking barefooted. Do not stand for a long time and wear soft insole footwear.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee