Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

How to treat a chemical burn on vulva?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1659 Questions
How do you treat a chemical burn on you vulva? Hair removal cream burn in vagina?
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 21 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

With any burn, the surface layer of skin is gone and there is an increased risk of infection. In the hospital, we use a barrier cream called Silvadene cream. If you have access to this, this might be the preferred choice for coverage of the area while it heals.

As an alternative, the area should be soaked or cleaned daily and then apply some bacitracin or antibacterial gel and then cover the area with guaze. If the skin around the burn gets red, swollen or tender, this might be a sign of infecton and a doctor should take a look at the are.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor