Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

How to treat Urinary tract infection in 60 year old woman ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Woman, 60 - urinary infection, what should I take,
test: hi density of blood, nitrites - positive, lleucocytes - strong, leucocytes - 10-20, erythrocytes - 5-10, bacteria 3+
excuse my english, I am from Montreal
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 14 hours later
Hello Lucille,

Thanks for posting your query.

You certainly have urinary tract infection and should see urologist for the same.

You should give your urine for culture and sensitivity and get treated accordingly.

In the meantime you can start yourself on cranberry juice and plenty of fluids orally.

You can take drugs belonging to fluoroquinolone group of drugs, they are quite effective.

Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation.

I am sorry, I won't be able to prescribe you any medicines without examining you personally.

Kindly discuss with your doctor regarding these drugs and also the treatment options.

But, you definitely need a course of antibiotic.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor