Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

How to treat Sciatica and Spinal canal stenosis ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 157 Questions
I have symptoms of piriformis syndrome. What type of doctor do I see to diagnose problem?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 2 hours later

Thanks for your Query.

History of low Back pain with radiation of the pain to one of the hips and lower down to thigh indicates the possibilities of following diseases:
2.Spinal canal stenosis.
3.Herniated discs.
The diagnosis of piriformis syndrome is often given when all of these diagnoses are eliminated as possible causes of pain.

Diagnosis is based in clinical examination and investigations.

Its better to consult a Orthopaedician in this scenario.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor