How to terminate pregnancy?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: I NEED HELP. I HAVE 4 KIDS ALREADY ,I WAS SUPPOSSED TO GET MARRIED WITH MY BOYFRIEND BUT BY THE TIME WE WHERE DATING I GOT PREGNANT NOW IM 5 1/2 MONTHS AND HE JUST LEFT ME I DIDNT WANT MORE KIDS BUT I GOT PREGNANT AND HE PROMISED TO BE THERE FOR ME NOW HE DECIDES TO LEAVE ME IM A SINGLE MOTHER I HAVE NO FAMILY I FEEL LONELY AND REALLY UPSET. I CANT BRING ANOTHERE BABY TO THIS WORLD TO SUFFER . I JUST CANT DO IT ANYMORE. PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO HAVE AN ABORTION I LIVE I XXXXXXX IL. PLEASE HELP
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
surgical methods of abortion.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.

I understand your concerns.
I feel sorry for what your boyfriend did to you.

You are now more than 5 months pregnant.

The abortion at this stage has to be done surgically only. Drugs are not helpful at this stage.

The surgical procedures like dilatation and evacuation are done for abortion at this stage by a trained medical professional only.

However, I must tell you that the laws governing abortion vary from state to state and is different in different countries.
The laws in some states allow abortion made on patient's request.

You would need to consult your local gynecologist and discuss these issues.

I understand its very difficult to mange 4 children already when you are alone. But then, you have to go by laws also.

Hope this helps you in some way.

I wish you well.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Nidhi Setia

OBGYN