How to terminate 6 weeks of pregnancy?

Question
my menstrual period is on july 13 . Till date I didn't get periods. as a doubt yesterday I tested for pregnancy test, the result is positive. what should I do now to abort immediately and get my menstrual to normal.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medical treatment

Detailed Answer:

According your menstrual date I guess you are 5-6 weeks pregnant. As you are not wanting to continue pregnancy, you can opt for medical termination using medications like mifepristone and misoprost. These are prescription only medicines which should be taken under careful gynecologist supervision. Once you start the course, you will bleed with cramps after 48 hours. You will need a repeat ultrasound scan after three weeks to confirm whether miscarriage completed or not. If not,then I would go for surgical evacuation.

As stated above, this will be a scheduled and planned procedure. A gynecologist supervision is essential. Hence I would strongly recommend you to a Gynecologist to have safe abortion and prevent complications like heavy bleeding, severe pain, sepsis and incomplete abortion.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.