How to stop masturbation?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello Doctor,
I am a 28 year old, single, male. I want to know if there is any medicine/natural herbs with no side effects, which will act as an anti-aphrodisiacs (or Anaphrodisiacs). To give a little bit of my story, for the first time I masturbated last year, when I was 27. I did this because last year I was in a deep depression and some where in the internet I read it is a good stress relief and it is good for men's health. But after this I feel like I have made it into a habit. I have started doing it for once in a week, or sometimes even twice. I do not wish to continue this and I never want to masturbate anymore. I need some medical assistance for this. Right now I am a single (no girl friends ever), and I don't think I want to marry any time soon. I am seriously looking for some medicine that will shut down my libido. Please advice. Request you to keep this confidential, obviously.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Best to practice strong will power

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

I should rightfully start by saying that having a healthy libido is a sign of good health. Your male hormones are responsible for your libido (eg. testosterone), and anything to do with reducing this hormone would lead to serious side effects that would make your features more feminine (Eg. development of male breasts, reduced facial and body hair, etc.).

So the goal is not to reduce the libido (and in turn the hormones), but to practice good control and will power. Anything to reduce the hormones would be strictly advised against sir. The only individuals who do so are those who wish to change their sex from male to female, and I am sure you do not want this. So please try your best to be mentally stronger, and practice abstinence from masturbation, although it is considered healthy to a certain extent.

I hope you understand why I advice against the use of any medications, food, etc; to reduce the libido or hormones. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you my friend.

Best wishes.