question-icon

How to stop bleeding from leg after a cut?

Posted on Fri, 21 Mar 2014
Question: I cut my leg and it will not stop bleeding however it is not gushing out blood should I go to the emergency room?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Yes, you need to go to the emergency. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Yes, you do need to go to the emergency room. From your description it seems like you have cut one of the many veins in your legs, these don't cause spurts/gushing bleeding, but they don't generally stop, so it is mandatory that you go to the emergency room. Meanwhile please apply firm pressure over the wound till you reach the hospital. Hope this information will help you. Regards.
Dr. Yogesh D