How to stop bleeding from a skin wound?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: how to stop a sore from bleeding steadily
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pressure bandage and elevation above heart level if possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Male/79 - band aids overnight - Neopsorin ointment - scrapped skin is clean - but continues to bleed - how to stop sore from bleeding steadily ...

Applying Hydrogen Peroxide and then pressure bandage does the trick.
If the sore is in dependent area, elevation of the affected part above the heart level in lying down position helps to control the bleeding, for example on limbs.
Control of the blood pressure if elevated also helps.

Please give additional information:
I hope, you are not on any medications for thinning of blood as given in heart patients.
Please post the actual photographs of the bleeding area, it helps in on-the-spot diagnosis.
Any other information you would like to share?

Please feel free to give the photos, feedback after trying pressure bandage and ask for relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.