How to stop Melacare cream without losing fair skin tone?
Regarding complexion /skin tone and use to topical steroid cream
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Melacare is a steroid based cream. The perceived fairness due to its use or abuse is actually a side effect of topical steroid. So once you stop the cream the side effect (lighter skin) would gradually improve which you might appreciate as darkening of skin. I suggest you to discontinue Melacare.
You may rather use a safer alternative e.g a 6-12% glycolic acid based cream which would also improve complexion/ skin tone and also can be sagely used long term on face unlike a topical steroid cream. In addition you must also use a broad spectrum sunscreen, during the day.
Another option is to try oral or injectable glutathione to improve complexion.
Regarding cream to lighten skin
You can use the Kojic acid cream and glutathione pills simultaneously. Use the cream, twice daily. Also use a broad spectrum sunscreen during the day. Glutathione pills can be taken twice daily.
Any more precautions? Since I stopped melacare I'm losing my skintone day by day.
By using kojic cream in how many days can I go back to my normal skintone.
Is kojic cream a skin whitening cream? Are there less chances to lose this fair skintone? Suggest me some safe skin whitening creams.
Regarding skin fairness
Kojic acid is safe but it is not as dramatically effective as Melacare creams. Kojic acid improves skin tone but it is mainly used for hyperpigmentation. I suggest you to use it for 2-3 months. Also use a sunscreen during the day and if you can take oral glutathione 1000 mg per day, for 3-4months, that would be great.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Melacare skin cream disadvantage
- Skin whitening cream melacare
- How to use melacare cream
- Want to improve skin tone melacare cream recommended
- How does melacare cream
- Benefits of melacare cream melacare
- How is melacare face cream
- Melacare skin cream for armpits
- Melacare skin cream chickenpox
- How to stop melacare cream
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body