How to rule out pancreatitis?
can you elaborate exact problem?
Thanks for posting in HCM.
The location where pancreas is there is also stomach and also other structures.
So only based upon clinical symptom it will be difficult to pin point it to pancreas.
It will be helpful if you could elaborate the exact problem you have with duration so as to help getting better picture of the problem.
Awaiting your response.
it could be peptic ulcer in stomach
Hello, thanks for following up with me.
Strange sensation under left rib cage which aggravates on eating could be because of peptic ulcer in stomach wall.
It will be only confirmed after doing an endoscopy to actually locate a ulcer in stomach.
But to start with, you can start taking tab. pantoprazole 40mg in morning ½ hour before breakfast. If you feel better with this, continue the tablet for 1 week and then stop.
If it does not come down with this, kindly consult a gastroenterologist as it might need further evaluation and some investigations.
I hope with this treatment you will feel better.
If you have any more queries kindly write back to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How does smoking affect pancreatitis
- How is snepdol for chronic pancreatitis
- How to detect pancreatic cancer
- How does ercp cause pancreatitis
- How long can pancreatitis last
- How to fix lazy pancreatitis
- Pancreatitis how long to heal
- How does pancreatic cancer kill
- How does hypercalcemia cause pancreatitis
- How to ease pancreatic pain