How to retain moisture in hand after plastic surgery in right hand?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, In my right hand i did plastic surgery in January 2011 now that skin looks black & some time am getting pain. Pls give me solution for, i need to keep skin wet which ointment i can use it? also in thai am feeling more itching for that also i need ointment (thai only skin removed). Thanks
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible gangrene; thigh region requires diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Sir, first of all; black coloration of skin is not a very good sign, it could be an indication of poor blood supply to the region resulting in death of the cells and tissue, which in turn may require more serious management. As for the itching in the region of the thigh where you are only experiencing itching, this could be any of the following: -Healing: Healing also presents with itching as a symptom. So this could be a good sign -Dryness of skin: May require moisturization and vitamin creams -Infections: Example- fungal infections, etc; that could have resulted due to an open wound or lowered immunity So treatment depends entirely on the cause sir, if your doctor has physically examined the region or even conducted a tissue biopsy, it would make diagnosis and treatment more easy and accurate. If you do not mind me asking, why were the surgeries performed? I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to be of assistance. Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 minutes later
Hi Shoaib, Thanks for your support. I did my surgery in Sparsh Hospital Bangalore. I here with attached my hand photo please suggest any ointment or cream. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Attached my comments sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. Sparsh hospital infantry road? The hospital has a good reputation, and deals with a lot of trauma/accident cases. I have also seen the attached image carefully, and the scar tissue has certainly formed and there seem to be signs of recovery. But it is also best to consult a vascular surgeon who would check on your blood supply to the region and make sure recovery takes place adequately and rapidly. Good blood supply is absolutely required to ensure healing and also to make sure the tissue and bones get back to a healthy state. If good blood supply is not maintained, it may result in unfortunate consequences. With the current condition of your limb, I would suggest a vascular consultation sir. Please feel free to keep me posted on the consultation or even the weekly change in the condition of your limb. I would be more than happy to post my advise and comments on the pace of recovery. Best wishes.