Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

177 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to remove the stones from kidney?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Pls advise how can I remove the stones from Kidney.
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
These stones are small and do not need any intervention or procedure to remove.
Plenty of oral fluids, restriction of red meat and followup scans every 6months is the way to manage these stones.
Tomato and spinach can be taken in limited amounts.,
Stones in the kidney more than 8 mm and in the ureter more than 6 mm need
intervention. You may take potassium citrate syp mixed in water thrice daily for 3 months .
Hope this answers your query.
Kindly write back for doubts if any.
Best regards,
Dr GS .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to remove the stones from kidney? 11 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt response, can you pls tell me where can I get potassium citrate or any medicine you prescrebe for.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 12 minutes later
It is available as kmac/ston1/noculi/urilyser.
It is better to XXXXXXX your doctor before starting any medicine.
I can only guide you.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist