Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to remove lump on gums to get root canal done?

Answered by
Dr. Shesh Jaiswal

Dentist, Endodontics

Practicing since :2007

Answered : 305 Questions

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I needed a root canal, but have not yet gotten one and now i have a lump on my gums with a white head on the tip of it and this lump developed after me taking the antibiotic azythromicin and a dental paste for my pain i had from one canker sore turning into 3. Two on the bottom and one really big one on the top and all of this is occurring on the right side of my mouth. I also have bad congestion in my chest almost like fluid is coming out of my ears into my mouth and lungs and I get alot of sounds like squeaking and sucking coming from my ears randomly my jaw bone looks alot bigger than on the opposite side of my face. I also get flare ups of inflammation swelling, mainly et around the cheekbone, inside corner of my right eye and i can feel tightening behind my sinuses but inside of my face. I have really bad phlegm/ mucus in my nose/ nasal passages its really thick almost always clear colored with a rubber like consistency I clear my throat just to get my lungs to expand
Answered by Dr. Shesh Jaiswal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
periapical abcess

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for consulting HCM.

This is Dr Shesh Jaiswal answering your query.

I have gone through your medical history. As you mentioned that you needed an RCT but havn't gone for it. It is more likely that the infection from the root of the tooth has gone inside the bone causing infection, abcess and pus formation.

The best way to get rid of it is through RCT. If that is not possible then you may have to go for extraction of concerned tooth.

If I were your treating doctor I would first drain the abcess to reduce the swelling and remove the pus. Then start the RCT procedure. Would have given good antibiotic like cefexime 200mg plus clavulanic acid combination. For pain and inflammation aceclofenac plus serratiopeptidase combination and ornidazole for anerobic bacterial infection.

I would strongly advice you to visit a dentist to know about the exact treatment plan.
Don't worry as RCT is a painless procedure.

Hope this answers your query. Take care

Dr. Shesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Sinuses

doctor1 MD

Hello Sir/Mam, My self XXXXXXX XXXX and i m 29 yrs old.I m accountant by profession.from last 1 yr i m suffering from Sinus problem.I DAILY FEEL...

doctor1 MD

Can you get a zit in your nipple? Because I did!!! I didn't know you could get one there. It was the size of a marble and when I squeezed it tons...

doctor1 MD

I have had a mastoid infection on both sides of my head. In XXXXXXX of 2016 I spent a week in the hospital on iv antibiotics. Doctors where not...

doctor1 MD

I was in instivise care for two and half days from morphine overdose. I was in hospital all togather for four days. My kidneys was reading high...

doctor1 MD

Hi i had op to remove disc in my neck and removal of spur on another disc 4 months ago.The inscision was from front hence they had to move voice...

doctor1 MD

my wife used the urine test kit and tested positive for pregnancy but nearing her period time she blead at night and so she has visited the docter...