How to remove liquid cleaner from stomach?

Dr. Divakara

Posted on Mon, 9 Feb 2015 in Accident and Emergency
Question: I accidently drank small amount of lyzol wat to do
Answered by Dr. Divakara 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eat Ice and go to ER.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for posting your query.

Lyzol contains acid . When you drink it , it starts burning the tissues of mouth , throat , food pipe and Stomach .

The extent of injury depends on the amount of Lyzol consumed .

My advise to you is take ice chips ( pieces ) and if there is antacid at home take some of it . Don't take anything else by mouth.

Next go to the ER and get Upper gastrointestinal Endoscopy scan done . This will let us know whether any burn injury has happened or not.

If some burn injury has happened then you are not supposed to eat or drink for next few days. If there is no injury then its fine you can take antacids for a day or two and that's enough.

Hope this information was useful to you.

Any clarifications feel free to ask .

Follow up: Dr. Divakara 55 minutes later
Hi thanku i drank only 4 to 5 drops i had antacid is it fine if i go to hospital by XXXXXXX morning
Answered by Dr. Divakara 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take food only after the Endoscopy scan.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Thanks for follow up

Food can be taken only if we know that there is no burn injury . Yes you can go to hospital tomorrow but till then don't take anything by mouth except for water and Antacid .

Antacid can be taken 3 times a day.

Hope this helps.