Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

How to remove fish scales stuck in throat?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 709 Questions
Hello , Doctor Grief & good evening ! I Swallowed some salmon fish scales & feeling a little discomfort & a bit bothersome with some choking/cough due to it,what can I do to get rid what's in the wall of throat right now ? Ia there anything I can drink and hope it helps by dissolving it ? Thanks !
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could have just scraped your throat Detailed Answer: Hello Madam, It is possible that the scales injured your throat on their way down. The injury itself may be producing a foreign body sensation. There is nothing you can drink or eat that can dissolve it. Try looking at your throat in the mirror to see if anything is stuck in the throat. If you happen to see it then you should see an ENT specialist to get it removed. If you do not see anything then I suggest you wait till morning, If your symptoms get better that means the foreign body sensation was caused by the injury. If your symptoms get worse or remain same then you need to see a gatroenterologist. You may require an upper GI endoscopy to look into your food pipe. If the salmon piece is still stuck in your throat then oit can be removed with the endoscope. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor