Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

How to remove dark circles under the eye and tanning on the neck?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 520 Questions
I have got lot of XXXXXXX on my forehead , back of the neck due to traveling in sun and dust , and dark circles under my eye which is there from last 5 years , i got this when i skipped break fast in my college for more than a year , how to remove the XXXXXXX and dark circles
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 43 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

It is important to know your height and weight.

Do you have blackish discoloration over the underarms too?

If you are overweight, acanthosis nigricans is a good possibility.

The best treatment would be chemical peeling. You will have to consult a dermatologist personally for that. After an evaluation you can set the expectations right before and after the treatment.

A common measure that we advice individuals with such problems is to start using a broad spectrum sunscreen twice daily (E.g SUNCROSS) before going out and at noon. A mild depigmenting cream like Depiwhite once daily is recommended.

Under eye discoloration is very common amongst people with allergies, short of sleep, who are unable to manage stress etc. I recommend Alovera gel twice daily and maintain a good diet and sleep cycle. Take a lot of water, all kinds of fruits and veggies.

Awaiting your response.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to remove dark circles under the eye and tanning on the neck? 1 hour later

It is important to know your height and weight.
weight is 65 , height is 5.11

Do you have blackish discoloration over the underarms too?
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 16 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

With this information, the possibility of acanthosis nigricans is low.

I would recommend you to see a dermatologist personally and discuss the option of chemical peeling particularly Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peels.

Start with the sunscreen and depiwhite as suggested earlier.

You may expect a reasonable improvement in your skin condition with this treatment.

I hope I have answered all your queries. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor