How to remove chicken pox scars?

Posted on Mon, 17 Nov 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi Dr can I know what can we do for chicken pox scars to go. any cream???
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cream containing Extractum Cepae

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the scars due to chicken pox.

The scars of chicken pox are really deep scars which are very difficult to treat.

Let you understand some important points regarding scars: In any skin injury or infection there is a break in the body’s tissues and protein called collagen.

In chicken pox specifically it involves eh dermis which is the deeper layer of the skin. So as the dermis is damaged it causes deep scars and therefore the scars are very difficult to be treated.

Even then for making them bit elevated and imperceptible I suggest my patients to apply a cream containing Extractum Cepae, Heparin and Allantoin. I also prefer to suggest hexilak silicone gels which can help a lot if applied continuously and regularly under medical advice.

Other than that tretinoin can also be good option to modify the color and consistency of scar used under medical advice.

I hope this information will help you. I will be glad to guide you any further.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD- Dermatology
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist