How to relax a sleep deprived mind?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Hi..i am 18..and preparing for medical entrance exam..i sleep for about 6-7 hours in nyt..nd study rest of the time..apart from other involvements...i have not joined any tution..so i remain seatd at home without any physical exersise..i just want to know what shud i do..so dat my mind remain active for theentire day..nd do i need to tk nap for my mind relaxation apart from my 6 7 hrs of sleep??
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Spend 20 min for power nap.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I can understand your concern.

Yes obviously, you need to take a nap for relax your mind.This is what is called a power nap.The duration of which should not exceed 20 min.

6-7 hours of sleep is good every day.

Additionally I advise you to go for 20 min brisk walk/jog/cycling/swimming everyday either in the morning/evening.

This activity releases endorphins in the body which are natural feel good hormones in the body.This will keep you fit and fresh right through the day

Hence, I advise you to take 20 min a day each for a power nap and an exercise.

These are recently proposed time limits by WHO.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.