How to reduce weight to become pregnant?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I was trying to conceive but my gynae has recommended to reduce weight. . so can I go gym??

Another thing is I was using v wash. . shall I continue to use it??
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
weight loss helps in spontaneous conception

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting health care magic.
You are young enough and in case all your tests are normal and thus unexplained infertility then you can wait till reduction of weight till desired level so that chances of spontaneous conception are increased.
Weight reduction not only helps in spontaneous conception but also once you conceive it reduces risks related to obesity.
Hence chances of getting a healthy baby conceived spontaneously are increased.
You can continue the use of v wash like before and thus maintain local hygiene.
All the best.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 2 minutes later
what about gyming
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can do gyming

Detailed Answer:
Yes you can do gyming to lose weight and can try yoga too along with that.
One thing you need to take care is not to do heavy weight lifting exercise or strenuous gym schedule in last 12-14 days of every cycle.
Normal weight losing exercises and a healthy low calorie diet will help you to achieve desired results.
Wishing you luck. Take care.