How to reduce weight inspite of having diabetes and hypothyroidism?
Dietitian and Physical trainer
Thanks for your query and information; great to know your wish to reduce the weight for improving the health and stamina.
First of all I would like to ask a few questions if you do not mind:
*What is the status of Free T3, Free T4 and TSH in recent reports?
*What are the blood sugar levels in recent time?
*Does your physical appearance match with someone in your family and he/ she is obese.
* What is 'Lacto' Vegetarian ? Do you mean allergic to milk and milk products?
The basic rule to reduce the weight is is nice balance between INTAKE ( calories taken in the body) and OUTPUT ( calories spent).
Since you have diabetes and hypothyroidism you have to take a direct help of the Specialists in the field. As everything will revolve around your medical status. The latest thyroid profile tests and blood sugar values will assist your treating doctor in making this decision (hence those questions).
So I would suggest for Input:: the consult a Dietitian preferable working in the field of weight management or attached to the Bariatric Surgery Center, as She will be well conversant with the diet charts related to weight loss at the same time remembering the medical status of Diabetes and Hypothyroidism.
As far the OUTPUT :: You have to take help of a Physical trainer and the Dietitian would know the best one in your city. Other criteria remain the same.
A small home remedy: Take lemon juice in a glass of warm water half hour before breakfast, lunch and dinner. This helps to shed extra fat easily. You can add honey id lemon does not suit you.
All the best.
Please keep us posted about the progress and feel free to ask more if you have further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypothyroid weight loss with diabetes
- Prescribed insulin and thyroxine for hypothyroidism and diabetes precautions
- Effects of benecol on hypothyroidism hbp diabetes
- Hypothyroidism and type 1 diabetes
- Hypothyroidism diabetes what diet to follow
- Diabetic hypothyroidism allergy symptoms solution
- Type 2 diabetic with hypothyroidism how to treat hypothyroidism
- How to cure hypothyroidism and reduce weight
- Raised spots on ankle not itchy have diabetes and hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism and diabetes