How to reduce weight in 45 days?

Dr. Puneet Maheshwari

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Weight Loss
Question: want to reduce weight in 45 days, how can i achieve it?
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 3 hours later

Thanks for the query,

If you wish to reduce weight in a healthy way with almost no rebounds, then slow and steady reduction is the key. Rapid reduction is associated with nutrition compromise and hence is considered unhealthy. Therefore I wouldn't suggest rapid loss of weight.

How fast you lose weight will depend on 'how much you wish to lose'.

Running in general WILL make you lose weight; but it will take a while. The key is to burn more calories than you're getting with eating. You should do something that you are comfortable; but change it up once in a while because your body gets used to a workout repeated over and over. Some people say, “to lose weight eat a little bit less and exercise a little more XXXXXXX that machine is an elliptical if you're wondering.

Here are some tips I can give to help you lose weight in a healthy way:
-Drink lots of water.
-Stay away from fat-sugar-sweet-fast foods.
-Don't eat after 8 pm.
-Eat 5 small meals including snacks (breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner).
-Your predominant food should be fibre XXXXXXX diet with complex carbohydrate. This includes plenty of fruits and vegetables.
-Drink XXXXXXX tea (this is really important because XXXXXXX tea speeds metabolism and so you burn more calories). 2-3 cups of XXXXXXX tea in a day is really necessary.
-By exercising you make all your body work and so burn calories. There are many good exercise programs that you can do easily at home. The best exercise to reduce weight is brisk walking after meals.

Try this regimen for next 6 weeks, & I am sure you will lose weight without losing your energy levels.

Hope this helps. I will be available for future follow-up.

Good luck

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad