Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

How to reduce pimple marks and sun burn on face?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
i have lot of pimple marks in face and sun burn can i know hw to reduce
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 31 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Acne can cause dark spots and depressed scar marks both.

Which ones you have?

Dark marks can be effectively treated by some topical creams and few procedures.

For dark spots you can apply BREVOXYL cream daily at night time.Apply a small quantity .Do not rub excessively.

Also you can use MELAWASH face wash daily.It will lighten the dark marks and improve your sunburn also.
You can also apply Hydrocortisone cream over sunburn areas.

Sunburn need to be protected.You should keep absolute sunprotection.
Use a good quality sunscreen with SPF of 30 or more.Photoban acquagel is a good sunscreen.Sunscreen effect lasts for 3 hours.If you are outdoors longer time,sunscreen should be applied every 3 hourly.Even on cloudy or rainy days sunscreen should be used .

There are some procedures which can reduce the pimple marks and scars.
They are called chemical peeling , dermaroller and LASER .
These are available at dermatology clinics.They can improve the appearance by a good amount.You can discuss these options with your dermatologist.

If you can UPLOAD YOUR photos I will be in better position to give you specific advise.

Hope this helps.

If you need any further clarification do let me know.I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor