Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

How to reduce my eosinophil count?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6481 Questions
Dear dr How to reduce eosinophills level from 14
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take Diethyl carbamazine 100 mg TDS for 21 days. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are suffering from eosinophilia(increased eosinophil count in blood). Increased eosinophil count may be due to many reasons like parasite infection,allergy,myeloproliferative disorder etc. You need proper clinical examination and few more investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Chest X-ray(PA view),Ultrasound of abdomen,Urine RE/ME,Stool routine and microscopic examination,serological tests for parasitic and connective tissue. Eosinophilia treatment is to treat underlying cause. If no cause is detected(Idiopathic eosinophilia),trail of steroid can be given. You can also take tablet Diethyl carbamazine 100 mg thrice daily for 21 days.It is helpful in many cases. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to reduce my eosinophil count? 48 hours later
Dear Dr, I have treated by Streo-16 and hatrazen 100 TDS (Diethyl carbamazine) , No relief, Rgds XXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Other causes should be ruled out. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back If you have taken Hetarzan then you need detail investigation for other causes as discussed earlier.Hetrazan is used as an anti-helminthic agent. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor