question-icon

How to reduce my dark circles?

Posted on Tue, 15 Jul 2014
Question: How to reduce my dark circles ?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul (45 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Dark circles , long term treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same .
Now your problem is that of dark circles . I would like to tell you that there can be various reasons for development of dark circles. It can be genetic, familial or it can be due to hormonal disorders or anemia.
It is important to rule out anemia and thyroid disease in people without any family history.
With medical treatment , only some improvement is expected in dark circles. Since it is a very sensitive area, we do not give very strong medicines to our patients.
You can start application of kojivit cream over the affected areas twice a day .
In addition, take oral vitamin c supplements once a day.
You can get hemoglobin and tsh levels checked in order to rule out any hormonal causes.
Include a lot of citrus fruits in your diet. Eat fresh fruits and salads .
Take proper sleep. Avoid stress.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist