How to reduce moisture in the groin area?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 24 Sep 2018 in General Health
Question: I am having trouble keeping the skin in my groin dry. It feels a little "sticky or tacky". It can lead to a rash but the skin is typically not discolored. It is just uncomfortable. Is there a way to treat this?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply a skin powder to keep it dry!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your information fully. True that a somewhat moist area would favor the growth of bacterial and fungal. Keeping it dry should be a primary goal and will serve to prevent infections and complications.

I recommend skin powder to be applied 1-2 times daily. This will serve to keep this area dry and free of germs. This is similar to powder applies to the buttocks of babies to prevent diaper rash.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Chobufo Ditah,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D