Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

How to reduce high blood pressure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
I am 78 years old. My pressure just now is 190/109. How can I lower it. I will call my dr on Monday. I take 100 mg of losartan daily.
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Recheck / Add another drug Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Relax! Re-check the pressure Try to talk to your doctor If not feasible, get checked in ER… You are already on maximum dose of Losartan… The next step is to add another drug… A Calcium Channel Blocker can be added in a small dose – e.g. Amlodipine 2.5 mg. / can be stepped up, later / maximum dose is 10 mg OR A diuretic like Chlorthalidone or Hydro-Chloro-Thiazide(HCTZ) can be added. The dose is 12.5 mg The treating doctor can suggest further based on his assessment of the situation. Take care Wishing all well God bless Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor