How to reduce heavy menstrual bleeding?
Novelon or Femilon will help.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A heavy bleeding for 2 weeks every month can be due to a hormonal imbalance or a uterine fibroid. In addition to the hormonal pills, you also need to get an ultrasound scan of abdomen done to rule out any pathology.
There are several kinds of contraceptive pill available. However, best & effective pill is Combined Contraceptive Pill like FEMILON, NOVELON etc.
They contain low dose estrogen and progesterone. So the chances of side effects like weight gain and nausea are lesser with it. You may need other medicines like hemostatic agents- tranexaemic acid to control the heavy bleeding. Do consult your gynecologist and get these prescribed.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of heavy menstrual bleeding
- Heavy menstrual bleeding with clots
- Treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding
- Heavy menstrual bleeding audit
- Heavy menstrual bleeding and slimquick
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Heavy menstrual bleeding precautions
- Dangers of heavy menstrual bleeding
- Heavy menstrual bleeding with pain
- Remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...