How to reduce body mass index?

Dr. Himanshu Pandey

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: My body mass index is 27. I've been doing some exercise (morning walk for 45 min almost 4 days a week). Also I've been small dozes of food nearly 4 times a day. What are other measures to reduce my BMI?
Answered by Dr. Himanshu Pandey 2 hours later

You can do to reduce fat is, by eating less fat XXXXXXX diet but if you want to eat fatty food make it once in a week. Some time thyroid gland dysfunction also causes unnecessary fat accumulation. Thyroid checkup is needed.

It would be nice if you can join aerobic classes or the gym. But first consult with a cardiologist for your present heart condition .

Be motivated to accomplish what you wish.

So good luck, be happy and if you have follow up queries, I am here to help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E