How to reduce abdominal fat?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
Question
Hello, I am looking for medicine to reduce fat of my face and tummy. Kindly advice.
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
diet and exercise

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Greetings from HealthcareMagic.

There is no medicine that can help you loose the facial or abdominal fat. Certain metabolism boosters are available in market, but in most cases they lack sufficient scientific research and documentation to back their claims.

The key to fat loss lies with a balance low calorie diet and regular exercises.A wise combination of both with a focused approach towards lifestyle modification will surely reap positive results.

let us talk about the diet first.

Cut down on calories and add necessary fillers like insoluble fibers to add bulk to the diet, you may include whole grains, fresh whole fruits, raw salads and vegetable preparations. This helps in attaining satiety while consuming lesser calories. Restrict the intake of refined foods like those made with refined wheat flour. Avoid sugar wherever possible. Making way for the good protein sources like legumes, dals, milk and its products and soy in the diet also helps in cutting down the calorie intake. Protein rich foods delays the digestion time and one dos not feel hungry soon.

Also, you must choose the fats wisely. Limit the intake of oil and avoid the fried foods and snacks. Drink plenty of water and other healthy drinks to keep up the metabolism. You may also include options like green tea and lemon tea. Buttermilk and tender coconut water are also good options.

As mentioned above, in addition to the dietary modifications, exercises are equally important, especially the ones for abs. Moves like crunches, twist crunches, bicycle crunch, step hop, squats etc. are excellent to burn abdominal fat and tone the muscles. Set a time for exercise and start with simple workouts for short duration, you can slowly increase the time, frequency and intensity of the workout. This would allow the body to keep pace with the changes. Make sure that you give enough time to warm up and cooling down after each workout. Avoid lying down or sitting immediately after the meals. You may go for a light walk after lunch and dinner. Or if possible sit in Vajrasana for 15 – 20 minutes after the meals.

Avoid heavy meals after sunset and reduce the total salt intake.

I hope you find this helpful. I wish you the best of health.

Thank you for using our services and do feel free to request for more information if need be.

Meenakshi

Follow-up: How to reduce abdominal fat? 23 minutes later
Thanks for your response. Could you please prepare a weekly diet chart for me. That can help me a lot.

Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly place request for Diet Plan

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the feedback.

Kindly log on to our website and opt for "Ask A Dietitian" Service, the dietitians would help you with a detailed diet plan for weight loss.

Meenakshi