How to recognize implantation bleeding?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: hi we are trying to get pregnant. I ovulated last friday according to test(at least positive test). My cycle is normally 35 days. I bled a little pink today when i wiped. Could this be early period- or implantation bleeding. And if it is implantation bleeding when can I test

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possible implantation bleed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query toHCM,
As the ovulation kit test was positive a week back, then you must have ovulated by Saturday. And as by today you are 5 days post ovulation and you have been sexually active, there is all possibility that this may be an implantation bleed and not your menses.
The earliest you can confirm pregnancy would be 7 days post last intercourse or simple 3 days from now, with a serum beta hcg test. If the hcg levels are more than 3mIU, then you are surely pregnant and the present bleed is definitely implantation in that case.