How to recognize HPV infection?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi, I'm XXXX. I'm not sure what it is but I came across it as I was taking shower. Is it hpv
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 minutes later
Hello.
You need to at least attach an image to know what it is. This facility is not available on XXXXXXX forum.
I hope this information has been helpful for you.
Regards, Dr. Praveen Tayal .
Click on thanks button if it is helpful.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 30 minutes later
I've been crying all day
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not likely to be a genital wart.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the attached photo. It does not look like a genital wart. This is just a skin thickening or a skin tag. It can be due to an allergic reaction in the area if there is an associated itching.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 11 minutes later
why is it colored then sir
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggests inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
The color suggests an inflammation. Warts are less likely to be colored. An allergy more likely.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 hours later
do you think I should see about it anyway
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to rush if asymptomatic.

Detailed Answer:
If it is not gradually increasing in size or is causing the symptoms then you need not worry. You can discuss about it at your regular visit to gynecologist.