How to quit smoking inspite of having aneurysm?
HERNIA HURTS BUT I UNDERSTAND REPAIR IS COMPLICATED WITH THE ANNURYSM OTHER THEN THAT I FEEL WELL AND WORK AT MT OWM BIZ AT MY OWN COMPANY AWAY FROM MY HOME
Thanks for the query.
Cigarette smoking is well known to increase the cardiovascular risks and this happens due to acceleration of atherosclerosis process. However smoking related atherosclerosis is not necessarily due to the effect of nicotine. It is important to recognise that cigarette smoke is a complex mixture of chemicals which not only include nicotine but also many cardio toxic substances including carbon monoxide, oxidant gases and many polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
The role of nicotine in causing various acute or chronic cardiovascular events has not been definitely demonstrated.
The doses of nicotine obtained by regular smoking far exceeds than nicotine replacement therapy and cardiovascular effects of nicotine are much more intense when delivered fastly by smoking than the slower delivery by transdermal patch or gum.
Cigarette smoking increases blood coagulability, which is a major risk for acute cardiac events while transdermal nicotine doesn't appear to do so.
At worst risks of nicotine replacement therapy are no more than of smoking.
Risks of nicotine replacement are very small and are substantially outweighed by the tremendous benefit obtained from cigarette smoking.
There is no additional risk for your aneurysm if you are on nicotine replacement.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drinking and smoking post aneurysm
- How fast do aneurysms grow
- How to quit smoking on vyvanse
- How do dr check for aneurysm
- How to they repair interatrial septal aneurysm
- How do doctors detect and aneurysm
- How to detect a heart aneurysm
- How to detect unruptured aneurysm
- How is brain aneurysm detected
- How to quit smoking cannabis
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?