How to quit drugs?
Start Suboxone in the morning.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
I feel it will be more sensible to start Suboxone. Norco contains hydrocodone which has a short half-life of around four hours. While there is not much scientific research data on Kratom, some things are known. It is not an opioid but has an agonist action at Mu opioid receptors. Just like Loperamide. Kratom withdrawal is known to be short lived and mild. I think that after taking the the last dose at 6 pm in the evening, you should be in some withdrawal by the next morning and it should be safe to start Suboxone before you leave for the trip. I do not think Suboxone will cause a precipitated withdrawal of Kratom if you take it next morning.
I guess you have not clearly discussed with your doctor what you meant by short Suboxone treatment. You probably want to taper off Suboxone in a few days while your doctor was probably thinking about a period of few weeks. I would tend to agree with your doctor and I think you should do this slowly taking more than a few weeks to gradually come off opioids. Once you are completely off opioids, I would also recommend that you take naltrexone for at least a year to ensure that you do not relapse again.
Please do not worry about the cocaine you took in the evening. It will not interact with Suboxone.
Have a great trip. Please feel free to ask in case you need any clarifications.
Dr Preeti Parakh
I agree with you that it is better to have more than having to run out of one's supply. I hope everything turns out well for you. Take care to have a nutritious diet in the next few weeks. Try to have regular hours though you are on holiday. It will help make things easier.
Dr Preeti Parakh
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Noticed pea sized grain bottom of testicle. Ultrasound shows cyst. Found...
- Do not feel emotions while masturbating. Taking vitamins. No...
- Have high blood pressure and alcoholic.How to change life style and have...
- Using comelite and got good results. What are the side effcets?
- Refused to prescribe fentanyl and hydrocodone. Seeing pain management...
- Have Crohns disease, depression and ADHD. Take colazal, clonzepam,...
- Having vomiting and heart problems. Feeling weak and dizzy. Reason?
- Suffer from bad reflex, burning sensation in throat and hoarse voice....
- Experiencing neurological symptoms. Suffer weak inferior rectus muscle...
- Been on AXIT. Cut the dose into half. Feel drowsy. What can I do?