How to quit alcohol consumption?
Yes you need to be under care
Thanks for suing Healthcaremagic.
Quiting alcohol is most risky among all substances of abuse as it cause few of the withdrawal symptoms which can be life threatening. One of among them is delirium tremens which occurs after 24-48 hours of last dose and have mortality of 5-20 %.
In addition the treatment for alcohol withdrawal is short (one week to two week) which can save you from all kind of adverse reactions while smoothing the abstinence process.
I feel it will be n your interest to see a doctor as a simple prescription of multivitamin (thiamine) and benzodiazepines can save you from all complications.
I hope this assists you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How body recovers after quitting alcohol
- How far alcohol consumption plays a role in peh
- How to quit alcohol
- How do beta blockers effect alcohol consumption
- How to quit drinking alcohol
- Heavy alcohol consumption how much damage done to health
- How long to lower triglycerides after large alcohol consumption
- How to quit alcohol completely find it tough
- How long after quit alcohol bilirubin
- How does alcohol consumption affect bell s palsy
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?