How to prevent transmission of bacterial infection from spreading?
You need to wear protective garment!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this rash that your mom has. You would need to put on protective garments while caring for her. This would b followed by thorough cleansing and disinfection of all used instruments. Also, she should not be allowed to be seen by many visitors as this cab help propagate the germ. If your shingle rash is no longer active, you cannot contaminate her anymore. You therefore constitute no risk to her.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
What are the best agents for disinfection? should i worry about things like shoes and bed rails?
Everything she comes in contact with is potentially contaminated!
Everything she comes in contact with should be considered contaminated. I will say go with the products the hospital uses for disinfection. They are good enough and they vary from one facility to the other.
I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How does the hiv infection spread
- How do ear infections spread
- How to treat bacterial infections
- How to prevent herpes infection
- How to prevent protozoan infections
- How are gonococcal and bacterial infections treated
- How to prevent norovirus infection
- Prevent the spread of infection
- How to prevent the spread of red eye infection
- Bacterial infection or yeast infection