How to prevent malaria?
There is no vaccine for malaria at present
Thanks for posting your query.
At present there is no vaccine available for malaria.
However to prevent malaria to some extent you can take malaria prophylaxis.
You need to take it weekly.
Need to start it before 2 weeks of travel and continue till 4 weeks after travel.
This is a prescription medicines,so please visit your doctor and get it prescribed.
Alongwith medicine you will also need measures to protect yourself from mosquitoes.
I hope this helps.
Wishing you great time ahead.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to get malaria tablets
- Will fansidar treat malaria prevention ?
- Preventive treatment for malaria
- Slogan for malaria prevention
- Malaria prevention and control nko
- Natural ways to prevent malaria
- Malarone for prevention of malaria
- Doxycycline malaria prevention
- Is lumerax an preventative malaria treatment
- How long malaria in body
- Testicular pain,lower abdominal pain,inguinal pain
- Bleeding bump at back of head after getting hurt,nauseousness while...
- Is delayed periods post unprotected sex a sign of pregnancy?
- What dietary changes do I need to make to avoid bleeding in stools?
- What could be the cause of lump formation on the outer ear leading to pain?
- Colonoscopy, sissel polyp, bleeding, constipation
- Is it possible to analyze the patency in case of sex with multiple...
- Miscarriage, trying to conceive, ovulating, CT scan radiation, postpone...
- Rectal pressure, tail bone pain, no problem in bowels, inflammation,...
- Can the medicine applied to the anus cause side effects?