Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

192 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to postpone periods?

Answered by
Dr. Shoaib Khan

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 9409 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: hi my periods is scheduled on 16thaugust,but for some personal reasons, I want to postpone it for a few,days(3-4).I met a gynaecologist and she gave me martinor 15mgs ,(2 tabs per day).Is it a good medicine?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is the correct medication ma'am, and good

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

The tablet prescribed by your doctor martinor, contains the active ingredient norethisterone which is the exact medication to be used for delaying your periods. Use these pills for as long as you wish to delay your periods. As soon as you wish to have your period, discontinue taking the pills and you should experience a withdrawal bleed (your period) within 3-5 days.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to

Recent questions on  Norethisterone

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I have PCOD and prominent symptoms of it like facial hairs, lethargy , thinning of hair, irregular period with gaps of 2-3 months usually. I already have a kid of 10 years and my age is 38 years. I am quite heavy with 80 kgs weight as...

doctor1 MD

i took northisterone last cycle to delay my period which woked successfully....will my next period be due 4 weeks from day 1 of actual period or 4 weeks from date due if i hadnt taken northisterone? please can you advise many thanks

doctor1 MD

hi i am very worried, in XXXXXXX i did a surgery to remove two cyst on my ovary but it was not successful, becauz my gyn said that i had endometriosis and that the balder and the intestine was stuck to the ovary and she could not get to the cyst,...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I have been taking Norethindrone Micronor 0.35mg for about a year and a half now. I was given this after my d&c surgery at age 58 to help with the change and to stop any heavy bleeding. It has worked well, a little bleeding about 3 or 4 times a year, and now I am wondering if I should continue and if so for how long? Until my body goes through the change?
Thank you, Gudrun

doctor1 MD

I recently had an FSH test and the level was quite high at 40. I am only 37 so i am wondering if it is possible that the following: NORETHINDRONE ACETATE 5MG TABLET could have caused the abnormally high reading?? I just finished taking it a few days before the test.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc,

I wanted to postpone my period due to my date last month was on 2nd and i generally get periods 1/2 days the gyane had put me on Primolut Nor 10mg...and she prescribed 2tab for 3 days and then 1 tab for 7 days...and she said after you stop taking it you will have your period within a week....and she also suggested that 3 days after my period starts i shouldtake a contraceptive Pill ( Yasmine) for 21 days...but how ever i was not sure if i should be on medcines for so long so she said taking this contraceptive pill is your call...

However can you tell me if i should take this contraceptive pill?..also its been a day since it started taking Primolut Nor 10mg...everything seems fine but i have read online that there could be slight bleeding that true and is the bleeding after i stop taking this medicine irregulat & heavy with prolonged days?? im worried cz i have always had regular periods with heavy bleeding on 2 days out of 5 days.

Please help

doctor1 MD

when will i ovulate and become pregnant, please help in april i was given norethisterone 5mg tablets to get my periods started after having a baby. i only took a few out of the pack and my period came. Then i had a period 29th may which seemed normal. i am trying to get pregnant and i am hoping i will conceive this month( june) is there anyway that i wont ovulate and get pregant due to taking them tablets in april, please help i am so worried now.