How to postpone periods?

Question
hi my periods is scheduled on 16thaugust,but for some personal reasons, I want to postpone it for a few,days(3-4).I met a gynaecologist and she gave me martinor 15mgs ,(2 tabs per day).Is it a good medicine?

Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is the correct medication ma'am, and good

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

The tablet prescribed by your doctor martinor, contains the active ingredient norethisterone which is the exact medication to be used for delaying your periods. Use these pills for as long as you wish to delay your periods. As soon as you wish to have your period, discontinue taking the pills and you should experience a withdrawal bleed (your period) within 3-5 days.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.