Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

How to overcome the issue of ulcer and stomach pain with good diet?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1524 Questions
Hi Doctor, My wife suffering lot from ulcer.. Often getting pain at stomach and it sustains for hours. Need your valuable suggestions to overcome the issue. Please share the diet against ulcer, and please share the do's and dont's.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! See for the cause of ulcer. Most common of these are 1. Helicobacter pylori 2. Use of analgesic of NSAID group like diclofenac, combiflam etc. for H.pylori few tests are available like urea breathe tests (do not require endoscopy), rapid urease tests (Require endoscopy). If it is positive then take a course of medicine for erradication of H.pylori. And if you are using NSAID then please avoid them and take safe analgesic like tramadol Among diet and lifestyle changes: 1.Don't take tea, oily and fatty meals 2. Avoid citrus fruits, spices 3. Avoid alcohol or smoke if you do 4. Exercise daily for at least 30 min/ day 5. Keep a gap of at least 2 hours between meals and sleep Wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor