Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

How to overcome panic disorder and biological anxiety?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
My son who is 22 years old recently tried to commit suicide. We Baker acted him they only kept him a day. When he was in the military he was diagnoised with panic disorder and biological anziety. He is ready to get help he has not taken his medicine he was prescribed I can get all of his records. Need to get him in ASAP
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Brief Answer: He certainly needs indoor care Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. You have mentioned that your son had a suicidal attempt, and he has accompanying anxiety as well. And top it up he is not taking his medicines. Now that is an indication for getting inpatient therapy. You will have to contact the ER who can assist you in getting him admitted. Ones admitted he has to be put on medications like fluoxetine or mirtazapine or venlafaxine etc. Along with these medications he can also be added up with lithium which will augment the anti depressant and has its own anti suicidal property. Along with these he should be on add on cognitive behavioural therapy which will try to correct the way he thinks about himself, the worl and the future. Its a psychitherapy approach and involves 20 min weekly sessions. I would love to help him online on this forum here; however at this point of time, your son needs inpatient care. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor