Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

How to overcome hypo thyroid?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2576 Questions
how can overcome hypo thyroid and which Dr. Specialist for this
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

The best and the most ideal way to over come hypothyroid is by starting thyroid supplements in the right dose. I am not sure what treatment is on under neurologist; please provide the list of medications and your last thyroid profiles to comment further.

In addition to medications, please look into the list of goitrogenic food (cabbage, cauliflower, soya, millets and so on) and avoid it. If you need to take any medicines for any illness verify if they interact with thyroid problems. Finally use iodizined salts and take the supplements at regular intervals.

As far as treating hypothyroid is concerned, any physician can be able to treat this problem. But if you wish to contact a specialist endocrinologist should be your choice.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor