How to overcome exhaustion caused by excessive physical work and

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 28 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: How to overcome exhaustion caused by excessive physical work and alcohol consumption? Exhaustion consisted of muscle tremor, twitches, cramps and headaches which lessened after drinkin an electrolyte supplement containing magnesium,potassium and vitamin C FOR A DAY.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Loss of electrolytes and repair of muscles to be taken care of.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through your question and you have provided the answer yourself.
After excessive physical exhaustion - the body is depleted of several important components like electrolytes and sugar .Also there is accumulation of toxic substance due to breakdown of protein matrix.
Electrolyte solutions replace the lost nutrients to some extent,, provide water to cells and help in alleviating the symptoms but unless we give body a chance to repair itself or heal by itself, next time the body will give way faster to stress. Also you should take good amount of fluids to flush out the toxic material from muscle degeneration.
So the answer is replacement fluid and electrolytes ,rest and high protein diet.
Thanks for the question . Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng