How to overcome difficulty with stent delivery when the arteries are too curvaceous?

Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: my friend has a small blocked artery in his heart, but the doctor says a stent wont work because the artery is curved to much, is medication the only option , he is moderately uncomfortable, but not life threatening they say. what do you think, thank you
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload angiography film/ report and medication history

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir, I am Dr Mody and I would be addressing your concern.
Stents are flexible structure and can be implanted in all curves, however maybe when your doctor said that the arteries are too curvaceous, mostly it is difficult to deliver the stent when the arteries have many curve, however that is a matter of skill, so if you can
Upload the angiography report /film
Medication he is on,
I can uptitrate his anti anginal medication so your friend is symptoms free as well as suggest you a XXXXXXX Interventional Cardiology who will be able to stent the lesion.
Also the bypass option is always available in such cases, however in most it's not needed.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina