Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

How to overcome break up in relationship?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
Hi doctor, I have a very unusual situation and I think you could help me with this. I am in love with a girl from past 7 years and this was my very first time I was in love. The things were absolutely fine with us for a certain period of time however, later years we fought like all the other couples and the reason is I was very much over possessive about her (about loosing her). She started to be disloyal with me and to tell you the truth she had left the home for an other guy but later point of time she returned back and I still loved her the same. Again there were some problems between us and we had stopped talking to each other. After a year or so passed away and we met once again, this time she was in love with an other guy and she had promised him that she'll marry him, listening to that I lost my mind and called up that guy and told everything about us which was my greatest mistake in life where I had lost the Trust of her and her family members. Now she is still in touch with me and I still love her the same and care for her as do she but she has got engaged to another person. I am unable to forget her and I am not interested in a relationship with any other person than her. What can I do doctor, every night I cry for her and I am unable to concentrate on anything else other than her. Please do suggest me what I can do? She still loves me but she doesn't want to hurt the guy she has been engaged to. Please help me with this. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I understand how do you feel. You have to be mature and accept realities of life and respect her opinion. You have to let her go and have good life and you doing anything wrong might workout against you and ruin your life. The period of break up will be tough and you need strong support from family and friends. I strongly suggest that you take help from psychiatric counsellors who will talk to you and counsel you. If needed they will give you medicines. So please take professional help and move on in life. Your life and your family members are important Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor