How to manage lower back pain radiating down the leg?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi doc, For the past four months I having pain starts from low back and ends in left leg and toe, also usually I use to mastrubate weekly thrice or more. Feel so depressed thought bcoz of mastrubating I got this pain. Also I think this sciatica nerve pain. How can I get rid of this pain, do I get impotency from this issue, even I can't able to walk long and stand long pls help me. Plz suggest some medications.
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain in back and leg is not due to Masturbation .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have pain in back radiating down in to leg which you attribute it to be due to masturbation .

First of all let me state that there is myth in a mind of common man that excessive masturbation is the reason of all sexual and other physical issues and problems But it has been discussed in scientific forums all over the world and proved scientifically that masturbation does not have any negative effect on any organ or system in the body.All the problems that you are facing now are due to some orthopedic isues that need to be investigated and treated properly .

Consult qualified Orthopedic surgeon or Neuro Physician for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to help to establish the cause for your pain .
1) X-Ray Lumbosacral spine
2) M R I of spine plain and with contrast

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

In the mean time you can take pain killers like Brufen twice daily .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.