Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How to make the urethra smaller in men ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2569 Questions
when i was younger is was a "cutter" and cut my urethra open so that it is now larger than normal. Is there a way of now reversing this so that it back to normal, even though it has been a number of years???
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your question.

As for your question, it is conceivable that the opening could be made smaller. This would have to be evaluated in person by a urological surgeon. If it is not causing you any discomfort or contributing to infection, there would be no clear indication to address this surgically other than for cosmetic reasons.

This would be a delicate surgery and if you want to seek specialist consultation for this, please see a urologist or urological surgeon as they have specific expertise in this field. Even though it has been a number of years, a surgical option would be considered but might not be medically indicated as I mentioned above.

If you have a strong preference to correct the defect, talk to your primary doctor to obtain a referral.

I hope I have provided an adequate answer to your query. I am available for your followups.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor